Re: Unemployment compensation and self-employment (was Re: Laid Off)

Subject: Re: Unemployment compensation and self-employment (was Re: Laid Off)
From: sphilip <philstokes03 -at- googlemail -dot- com>
To: Anne Robotti <arobotti -at- gmail -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2013 22:13:30 +0700

I get where Keith is coming from, but I also think the reality is more complex than that. The person that's hiring you might be perfectly sound, but in large companies often departmental managers and sometimes even directors don't have the final say - the HR director does. If the HR people flag a candidate up as 'venting online' (whether rightly, wrongly or with or without justification) that could just be the dividing line between you and the next best candidate in line (it might be the ONLY deciding factor between two otherwise neck 'n' neck candidates).

All HR dept's are 'prying squints' (I'm guessing the meaning from context as I've never heard that term in my life! ) and if you rule out working for a company because their HR dept are compassionless, insensitive robots, might must be that roofing is the only job you'll be happy in…. :)

Best

Phil
http://applehelpwriter.wordpress.com

On 22 Jan 2013, at 21:38, Anne Robotti <arobotti -at- gmail -dot- com> wrote:

> It doesn't seem to me that an employer would have to be a prying squint to just google a person
> they were considering hiring.
> Anne

See what's new in Doc-To-Help 2012 in a free webcast:

Read all about them: http://bit.ly/C1-webcast