RE: Images in Word Doc Not Displayed When Viewed on a Mac

Subject: RE: Images in Word Doc Not Displayed When Viewed on a Mac
From: "Margaret Cekis" <Margaret -dot- Cekis -at- comcast -dot- net>
To: "'Ron Hearn'" <rhearn -at- central1 -dot- com>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2012 14:55:51 -0500

Ron Hearn asked about Images in Word Doc Not Displayed When Viewed on a Mac
"I create my docs in Word 2010 on a PC. When someone using a Mac opens one
of my word files, the text is all there, but the images are blank. The
work-around for this is to send the Word file as a PDF as the images are
displayed when the PDF is opened on a Mac. Has anyone else encountered this
issue and have a solution other than the PDF one? It seems to me to be some
sort of incompatibility between Word documents created on a PC and a Mac."
Ron:
It may be an access problem. How were the images inserted in the Word doc?
If they were inserted by reference, you'd have to also send the reference
file of the images to the Mac. Word has to have access to those images in
order to display them. Without the image files, you'd probably get the same
result on another PC, too.
Margaret Cekis, Johns Creek GA

Writer Tip: Create 10 different outputs with Doc-To-Help -- including Mobile and EPUB.

Read all about them: http://bit.ly/doc-to-help-10-outputs