RE: Outsourcing translations versus in-house?

Subject: RE: Outsourcing translations versus in-house?
From: "Green, Duane" <Duane -dot- Green -at- e-hps -dot- com>
To: Peter Neilson <neilson -at- windstream -dot- net>, "techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2012 22:18:45 +0000

If you were translating into one language, and had appropriate internal resources, I'd say give it a try. Much beyond that, I'd start looking at moving the work external. It's a very complicated task that not many understand well outside of the industry. I find that the less someone understands about a process, the less value they place on it.

I've been in Tech Comm since 2001, and also worked for a large global localization company for nearly 5 years, so I've seen both sides of the table. I've added more responses below: