RE: FrameMaker 11 - Stability / Crashing on Save.. Help

Subject: RE: FrameMaker 11 - Stability / Crashing on Save.. Help
From: Simon Thomson <sthomson -at- rapiscansystems -dot- com>
To: "Wroblewski, Victoria" <vwroblewski -at- NECsphere -dot- com>, "techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2012 11:20:56 +0000

Hi Victoria,

Yep all up to date.
Had Adobe FM support 'take over' shared out my pc, producing the crash repeatedly & checked for updates (repeatedly) - generally played with the project files, reproducing the same crash - but never once looked at the Crash file.. strange.

Hmm move to a structured format - that's 'a big hammer to break a small nut' isn't it?
After all we're talking about a Fm Book that's got 11 fm files which Crashes when updating one fm file after Importing the Page Layouts from another, when pressing Save.

Though I understand your logic, its more a work round. I'd be interested in any examples or guides, that are relevant?

I was hoping some Framer would have either a do's/don'ts list or methodical diagnostic route (such as Mifwash).

My general suspicion is its something I've introduced with this project, such as Tracked Text Edits (TTE's) which are Conditional text Variables, on the MasterPage I had to build on fly.. and FM10 (& 11) is rumoured to have issues with TTE & conditional text.

Wish me luck & patience, and thanks for replying.
Sim

P.S. I will say after only 3 weeks of use, moving from FM9 to FM11 - its quicker generally, but stability - I'm still on the fence :|