Evil twin needed

Subject: Evil twin needed
From: "McLauchlan, Kevin" <Kevin -dot- McLauchlan -at- safenet-inc -dot- com>
To: "techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2012 14:48:51 -0400

This is a tools kind of issue. Maybe if folks have ideas they could reply privately?

We needed a new space on a new server to store and publish our stuff. It's
a corner of a fresh Windows 2008 R2 server.

Other-tech-writer, and I, were given a folder, and were able to create some
structure and to copy-in a mess of files, in June. Sometime in July, we stopped
being able to write, delete, move anything in there.

When techwriter kevin or techwriter joe try to delete, create, or move files
on "our" corner of that server, Windoze tells us that we are not allowed to
do so, and require the permission of techwriter kevin or techwriter joe. . .
That is, whichever one is attempting is told that he needs the permission
of himself, in order to continue, with options [ Retry ] or [ Cancel ].

There's no button or dialog for us to actually GIVE ourselves the permissions
that ourselves are supposed to give us.

The local IT guy has been puzzling and saying "Now try" for about 2-1/2 weeks,
with absolutely no success.

In Server Manager, all looks OK.
Roles and groups look correct.
Ownership looks like it should, with no visible breaks in inheritance.
Permissions look correct, at any folder/tree level.

We can map and unmap and browse. We just can't .... do.

Any MCE-whatever gurus with thoughts? (The IT guy is one,
of course, several times over, with years of experience. He just
keeps shaking his head. I don't know if what he tries each time is
anything new - after two-plus weeks, how new is any attempt
going to be, really?)

-k

or disclosing it.

http://bit.ly/doc-to-help