Re: The Works

Subject: Re: The Works
From: Gregory P Sweet <gps03 -at- health -dot- state -dot- ny -dot- us>
To: Becca <becca -at- di -dot- org>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2012 09:21:24 -0400

Hi Becca,

For us "the works" would include everything already suggested (printed,
PDF, help files) as well as self-paced and live training courses.
Self-paced might include workbooks, videos, and simulations. Live course
would be delivered via WebEx and certainly include workbooks, demonstration
and hands-on-practice. And I've just begun exploring Aurasma to add
extended content to our documents.
I won't go so far as to say augmented reality, because IMHO that would need
to lay practical information over everyday objects. My idea is to extend
the content by using the screen caps in the docs as tags to load the video
demos. That is, if you are not getting something from the text, point your
phone's camera at the screen cap and see it demonstrated.

Cheers!

-Greg

08/14/2012 08:44:25 PM:

http://bit.ly/doc-to-help