RE: How to build a Corporate Dictionary for using with Simplified English

Subject: RE: How to build a Corporate Dictionary for using with Simplified English
From: David Harrison <dharrison -at- moldmasters -dot- com>
To: Sandy Harris <sandyinchina -at- gmail -dot- com>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2012 14:52:35 +0000

Thanks Sandy - but splitting it down to words won't really do what I need because we have terms like "Sequence Valve Gate" and "Touch Screen Console" (or should that be "Touch-screen Console"?).
In a spare moment I started trawling a manual and capturing such words and terms into a spreadsheet. It wasn't long before I came into the grey area where words like "Environment" "Residential" and "Ambient" seemed to be neither business specific nor could I find them in the list of simplified words that I have downloaded.
Somewhere recently I saw an on-line demo of Acrolinx which seems to help you do this automatically while another application constantly checks your words for STE compliance. Added up - one or both of these two are likely to save much work.
So I turned to the group

Regards, David

David Harrison | Controllers
Mold-Masters (UK) Limited | Global Hot Runner and Temperature Control Technology
Netherwood Road | Rotherwas Ind. Est.
Hereford | HR2 6JU | United Kingdom | Company Registration Number: 1912861
Tel: +44 (0) 1432 265 768 | Fax: +44 (0) 1432 263 782
mailto:dharrison -at- moldmasters -dot- com | www.moldmasters.com

Sent on 03.08.2012 16:52 by David Harrison