RE: What would you call this process, and role?

Subject: RE: What would you call this process, and role?
From: "Steve Janoff (non-Celgene)" <sjanoff -at- celgene -dot- com>
To: Lauren <lauren -at- writeco -dot- net>, "techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2012 17:18:01 -0700

Aha! Now we're getting somewhere! :)

Great stuff. Out of these references I see a couple of other terms of interest: data visualization, and data exploitation.

"Data Analysis" may sound like a dull thing to be doing, but as I'm seeing it play out, it's anything but dull. The applications are actually quite provocative.

Thanks, Lauren! Thanks too, Robert (valuable distinctions) and Monique!

I'll say this is sparking an interest in Information Architecture (in the original sense, per Richard Saul Wurman), Information Design, and infographics. Once you find the data and identify what you want to say with it, it's that presentation sense that becomes really interesting. Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, and beyond. I wouldn't mind getting into some local graphic design training too.

I still encourage additional ideas on the original question if anybody has them, but you guys have been great in enlightening me to this point.

Thanks!

Steve