RE: One More Question on large Word docs! Was RE: Follow-up and Question on large Word docs

Subject: RE: One More Question on large Word docs! Was RE: Follow-up and Question on large Word docs
From: "Dan Goldstein" <DGoldstein -at- riveraintech -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2012 16:30:17 -0400

Answer from Mary Arrotti (TECHWR-L, 2007):

"Convert the Word doc to html. Look at the html code using Notepad or an
html editor. Info about the image is included (at least it was with my
quick try at this). I created a Word doc named doc2.doc, inserted an
image called marble2.bmp, and converted to html. In the html output --
this is what is included in the code: <v:imagedata
src="Doc2_files/image001.gif" o:title="marble2"/>
Obviously, the important part of this is 'marble2.' If you print your
html output -- you might also be able to identify image files in this
way."

To generate a list of just those inserted images, without the rest of
the code, do few simple find-and-replaces to (a) reformat those lines
and (b) delete everything that's not in that format. And there's your
list.