Re: Designing online help - book suggestions?

Subject: Re: Designing online help - book suggestions?
From: Julie Stickler <jstickler -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: tech2wr-l <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2012 10:23:16 -0400

Two that are within arms reach on my desk are:

Is the Help Helpful? How to create online help that meets your users'
needs (2004) by Jean Hollis Weber

Developing Quality Technical Information: A Handbook for Writers and
Editors (2004) by Hargis, Carey, Hernandez, Hughes, Longo, Rouiller,
and Wilde (IBM Press)

Also, don't assume that just because something is "older" that it is
somehow less useful. Good design doesn't change all that much over
the years. Once you find something that works well, you tend to
stick with it.

--
Julie Stickler
http://heratech.wordpress.com/