Re: "Internet Standard (STD)" - phrase known by Web programmers ?

Subject: Re: "Internet Standard (STD)" - phrase known by Web programmers ?
From: "Monique Semp" <monique -dot- semp -at- earthlink -dot- net>
To: "B.J. Smith" <bjsmith -at- ucar -dot- edu>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2012 15:28:41 -0700

> I suspect you can make "clear" what it is that the programmers are supposed to do, without including the citation. The documentation just would not be as informative as you might like to have it. That is probably OK and not worth fighting over.

Ah, but it cannot be clear because Iâm not to explain how to use the XSD, but to just refer to this vague âinternet standardâ.

Now I certainly do NOT want to provide a programming tutorial and explain this â itâs well beyond the scope of the doc, which is specific to integrating the companyâs software into the website (by adding various JavaScript and HTML widgets, as well as ancillary file processing) â and so I simply want to point people to the relevant info. Hmm; perhaps instead of a standard I can get the ok to reference a W3C tutorial, http://www.w3schools.com/schema/default.asp.

Iâll try that...

-Monique

http://bit.ly/doc-to-help