Re: Real World Advantages of Office / Word 2007 and Windows 7

Subject: Re: Real World Advantages of Office / Word 2007 and Windows 7
From: Tony Chung <tonyc -at- tonychung -dot- ca>
To: Phil Snow Leopard <philstokes03 -at- googlemail -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 8 May 2012 07:38:04 -0700

Hi Phil,

When you paste into Word and remove formatting, all the styles feim
the source content get copied into the document, where they persist.
The only way to avoid this is to attach the desired template to the
source document, and format the document to use the house styles
before copying and pasting into Word.

PureText would have saved us time when copying from Word into our CMS.
We wound up entering into the text editor first anyway, and applied
the structure back into the document.

We found that when we copied from Word into Wordpress (IE only) and
then from Preview into the CMS, we also preserved the document
structure.

BTW: Is anyone else using RedDot or OpenText CMS? We could use some
recommendations on a Wordpress-like content editor.

-Tony

On 2012-05-07, at 11:58 PM, Phil Snow Leopard

http://bit.ly/doc-to-help