RE: Real World Advantages of Office / Word 2007 and Windows 7

Subject: RE: Real World Advantages of Office / Word 2007 and Windows 7
From: "McLauchlan, Kevin" <Kevin -dot- McLauchlan -at- safenet-inc -dot- com>
To: "techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 8 May 2012 10:23:16 -0400

I've got Office 2007 (Win 7). I'm currently wrestling with
a refusal to accept a replacement drawing (a .png), such that
I keep creating new empty docs and populating with my old
doc content plus the updated drawing, as a workaround.

Is it true, what I've heard, that you can have the version of
nice, stable, bug-fixed Office 2010 that takes advantage of
big memory (beyond 3GB) for those times you have large,
complicated documents open, along with other memory-eating
apps... OR you can have the version of Office 2010 that lets
you do your own dev... but you can't have both?
(Those'd be the 64-bit and 32-bit versions respectively.)

I've only heard. I'm not allowed to experiment on the
corporate PC. I won't have a voice in which version we
get rolled out. I just asked my cow-orker to hurry up
with his Flare template for PDF docs... :-)

or disclosing it.

http://bit.ly/doc-to-help