Re: Real World Advantages of Office / Word 2007 and Windows 7

Subject: Re: Real World Advantages of Office / Word 2007 and Windows 7
From: Gene Kim-Eng <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: Lisa G Wright <writingweb -at- gmail -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 7 May 2012 13:33:23 -0700

The software component of our systems is not terribly complex, but it needs
to run on computers that may go all the way back as far as XP (we only just
dropped Win2000 from the supported list last year). Since we can only load
Office on one system per seat, we've been using the versions that were
originally installed on the XP systems when they were new, hence the
multiple Words. It's less of a bother to have a copy of Word on each
system we're testing on than to have to run back to one seat on one system
all the time. The final editing and production work is still being done in
2007 on the Win7 system, because 2010 is on the Win8 system and there's no
way I'm doing real document work on a beta O/S.

Gene Kim-Eng

http://bit.ly/doc-to-help