Re: Convincing management of the value of documentation?

Subject: Re: Convincing management of the value of documentation?
From: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: <keithpurtell -at- keithpurtell -dot- com>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2012 07:16:20 -0700

In my experience the answer is no. The best you can probably expect from any effort you put in will be to make it less likely that you'll be laid off, but there won't be any change in dollar-value perception.

Gene Kim-Eng

----- Original Message ----- From: "Keith Purtell" <keithpurtell -at- keithpurtell -dot- com>

However, our CEO has an odd attitude about staff's skills and their value. He pays most of us less than other IT companies in the city. He once stated that our job was so easy that "a ninth-grader could do it." He's sending one co-worker to Germany just to learn about a proposed new intranet system, but he doesn't want to pay people like me any more money. Are there references I can use to illustrate for him why a documentation manager is worth the investment?

http://bit.ly/doc-to-help