Re: Convincing management of the value of documentation?

Subject: Re: Convincing management of the value of documentation?
From: NuVision Communications <nuvisioncomm -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2012 09:51:38 -0400

While I agree that it's often difficult to change perceptions about value
of documentation or any positions, there may not be many open positions for
Keith to jump into.

Probably the best way to show value is to take on the project, and document
how much the company is saving/will save (staff time and $$) and improve
productivity by eliminating trainings and questions that could be easily
answered with a manual. I assume the same savings could be applied to other
software documentation, so estimating those savings could definitely
support your goal.

That's just what it comes down to these days.

Deb

Debbie M.
*NuVision Communications*