RE: Mac laptops and Tech Comm

Subject: RE: Mac laptops and Tech Comm
From: "McLauchlan, Kevin" <Kevin -dot- McLauchlan -at- safenet-inc -dot- com>
To: "jimmy -at- breck-mckye -dot- com" <jimmy -at- breck-mckye -dot- com>, "techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2012 16:01:17 -0500

I haven't poked at Virtualbox in quite a while, but my overall
impression of the virtual solutions is that, for Macs, Parallels
is usually the way to go because it's designed for Macs and is
tightly integrated. You can probably do most of the same stuff
with general purpose and free virtualizers, but you usually
need to invest more brainpower and sweat equity to get the
result you desire.

YMMV, of course.

Also, if you want a Mac for other reasons, that justifies
going the Mac and Parallels route for doing SOME of your
stuff with Windows apps - as opposed to just buying a
Windows laptop.

OTOH, earlier in the thread (I think, unless
it was another thread in the last day or so) somebody
mentioned the superiority of Macs for video work. Actually
some people I know prefer the professional tools they
can get for Windows, over the offerings for Mac. It's not
black and white.

-k

or disclosing it.

http://bit.ly/doc-to-help