Re: Stupid users (was Re: Is there a term for this?)

Subject: Re: Stupid users (was Re: Is there a term for this?)
From: Phil Snow Leopard <philstokes03 -at- googlemail -dot- com>
To: Phil Snow Leopard <philstokes03 -at- googlemail -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2012 23:19:04 +0700

On 8 Feb 2012, at 22:11, Phil Snow Leopard wrote:

> i. remembering *that* the 'official' or desired state of the document was not the last saved state (and there's nothing in the GUI that will tell you that; YOU have to remember). If you don't open that document for some time, you may have even forgotten that you messed with it at all. Imagine the disaster when you show / send that to someone else...

Actually, I should correct that (before someone corrects it for me...).

The title bar *will* tell you that the document has been edited, but you could have edited it and opened and closed it one time or a thousand times since the last 'official' save (particularly if you are in the habit of not pressing 'command-s').

Which change was your last preferred one will remain a mystery that you can only solve by scrolling through the miniature thumb nails in the 'star wars' interface, which (unhelpfully enough) do not mark or highlight the changes from one revision to the next. You have to enlarge them and scrutinise each to figure that out for yourself.

Like I said, poorly implemented...

Phil
Tech Writer:
http://applehelpwriter.com