RE: Editing mp4 files

Subject: RE: Editing mp4 files
From: "McLauchlan, Kevin" <Kevin -dot- McLauchlan -at- safenet-inc -dot- com>
To: Rick Stone <rstone75 -at- kc -dot- rr -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2012 08:56:37 -0500

Um... maybe? :-)

If your Camtasia file is one file, that's fine.
Camtasia knows what to do to manipulate its innards,
to position scenes, snip/trim unnecessary bits,
stretch the timing so a visual lingers longer than
it did in original take, insert fades and transitions,
etc.

But if the audio is a single imported file, Camtasia
is able to manipulate the contents of that file as
though it were native to Camtasia? Move chunks of
audio around, re-order, snip, adjust levels in
various parts of the file, etc?

OH! OH! I've used a utility for speeding through
canned Webinars, where you crank the playback speed to
a comfortably fast rate (say 1.3 to 1.5 times the
original speed, to save time and sanity while
"enjoying" slow-talker presenters. The key to
the usefulness of those utilities is that they
compress the sound without raising the pitch,
so ... no Chipmunks chirping at you.

Can Camtasia do that? Say you find a section
of your presentation, here and there, to be a
bit draggy, can you speed yourself up without
the helium/chipmunk effect? And if you do
tweak the audio in Camtasia, do you then lose
the quality you gained from recording in Audacity?
I'm sure I can Google it, but since we're right here anyway... :-)

or disclosing it.

http://www.doctohelp.com