FrameMaker book folder organization

Subject: FrameMaker book folder organization
From: "Saunders, Ian" <ISaunders -at- enghouse -dot- com>
To: "techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2012 18:02:12 +0000

Hi,

FrameMaker users, do you or have you ever created a book that has the book file and autogenerated files in a subfolder of the one containing the document files in the book?

I've just come across this situation, and it seems odd, but maybe there is a good reason for it?

In all my years of using Frame I have only ever had either:

* Book and document files in same folder (where possible - no sharing of files between books)

* Document files in one or more subfolders of the one containing the book file

I've always found it useful to reflect the logical structure of the book in the logical organization of the folders.

I appreciate the the book and the files can be anywhere, but in an "ideal world", how do you structure your book?

Thanks

Ian Saunders
Enghouse Interactive
Reading, UK