blogs & newsletters for doc trends ? (Ideas for Help 2.0)

Subject: blogs & newsletters for doc trends ? (Ideas for Help 2.0)
From: "Monique Semp" <monique -dot- semp -at- earthlink -dot- net>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2012 08:50:16 -0800

Hi everyone,

I've been closely following the "Ideas for Help 2.0" topic and saving all these great & thoughtful replies because... I too am in the very early phases of a Docs Strategy project for a client.

But something that hasn't really been touched on yet is the wealth of info available from blogs, newsletters, social groups, and the like, and so Iâm asking you for your faves -- particularly around topics such as emerging trends, what readers will want in the future, how to really figure out what users need, etc.

I've subscribed to newsletters from Content Wrangler and Writers UA (which has a great list of blogs: http://www.writersua.com/resblogs.htm), and joined a few LinkedIn groups (Documentation and Technical Writing Management, HATT, STC, Software User Assistance, Tech-Writer), but Iâm sure there're more resources that would be useful.

So, if you have any blogs or other resources that you'd recommend relating to "cutting-edge" "docs of the future" sort of things, please share!

Looking forward to having yet more to read :-),
-Monique

http://www.doctohelp.com