Re: the Hadoop comic

Subject: Re: the Hadoop comic
From: Gene Kim-Eng <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2011 13:17:31 -0800

Back in the early 90's I prepared a mostly-wordless manga-like operations
card for a semiconductor processing system that walked Japanese factory
floor workers through the process of inserting a substrate cartridge into
an airlock chamber and starting the system (they just had to insert the
cartridge correctly and push two or three buttons in the right order), It
was quite well received at the time, but the company has been acquired
several times since I left and I no longer have contacts there, so I have
no idea if they're still using the idea today.

Gene Kim-Eng

http://www.doctohelp.com