Re: Document Standards

Subject: Re: Document Standards
From: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: "Connie Ross" <connie -at- hartiatech -dot- com>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2011 07:10:20 -0800

Anyone who wants you to write to a particular standard should specify it in your contract as a deliverables requirement, and should be able to provide you with a copy if they are not requiring you to be already familiar with it as a qualification.

If you want to familiarize yourself with certain standards on your own to improve your marketability in their industry sectors, the organizations issuing those standards will be more than happy to sell them to you.

Gene Kim-Eng

----- Original Message ----- From: "Connie Ross" <connie -at- hartiatech -dot- com>

A question about Australian and International document standards. How do you know if you are writing a technical document to a 'Standard'. As an employee several years ago, we were given templates to complete our IT specifications and I was not privy to any type of 'Standards' process. If someone hires me to write a technical document, how do I know which standard I need to comply with if any? If I wish to look at any standards documents as a freelancer, I need to buy certain ISO or Australian Standards publications. I would assume the organisation would be privy to these documents and would supply them? Sorry if this is an obvious question. Sometimes stupid questions have to be asked!

http://www.doctohelp.com