Re: Open Source "SnagIt" needed

Subject: Re: Open Source "SnagIt" needed
From: Chris Morton <salt -dot- morton -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2011 06:53:51 -0800

Thanks, there appear to be some great free alternatives to SnagIt that I
need to check out.

However, what I'm really looking for is something like this
http://www.etrusoft.com/screen-capture-software-reviews/Kleptomania.htm that
is 100% free. I'm needing to do OCR screen capture from a non-Windows
device that is connected to my Windows PC. While Kleptomania would work
great, the $30 price tag--while certainly modest--eliminates it from
consideration (the PC-neophyte end users for whom I'm writing would balk at
that, rendering my effort completely moot).