Re: Certification -- what's in it for writers

Subject: Re: Certification -- what's in it for writers
From: "Peter Neilson" <neilson -at- windstream -dot- net>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 13:03:59 -0400

On Mon, 31 Oct 2011 12:34:26 -0400, Gene Kim-Eng <techwr -at- genek -dot- com> wrote:

In order for that to happen, hiring managers would have to specify it as a "must have." Recruiters don't screen you out for not having things that
aren't required in the job description (half of the time recruiters don't
screen people out for not having things that ARE required in the job
description).

Perhaps if I had a certificate the recruiters would screen me out when looking for a Database Manager with 5 to 10 years' experience in SQL. (I have written about DB and SQL. I have written perhaps 18 lines of SQL code, that being three tiny examples.) Or maybe they would screen me out for the Needed Immediately TW jobs in NYC that pay $27 an hour.

http://www.doctohelp.com