Re: ISO Document Control

Subject: Re: ISO Document Control
From: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: "Sally Derrick" <sjd1201 -at- gmail -dot- com>, "Keith Hood" <klhra -at- yahoo -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2011 07:38:13 -0700

You don't need to automate ANY of the functions of a document control system. Restricted access and past revision recovery can be accomplished with a locking file cabinet full of printouts. But if you're going to go to the trouble and expense of implementing a tool, you want one that provides all the features even if you don't use them all initially, because if you ever have to pass other audits, such as one for a federal CFR, the last thing you want to have to do is go out shopping for another document control tool because the one you already implemented doesn't provide the ability to turn on additional controls.

Gene Kim-Eng

----- Original Message ----- From: "Sally Derrick" <sjd1201 -at- gmail -dot- com>