Single sourcing, RoboHelp, and Frame: Newbie

Subject: Single sourcing, RoboHelp, and Frame: Newbie
From: Keith Hansen <Keith -dot- Hansen -at- opensolutions -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com" <TECHWR-L -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2011 14:42:48 +0000

Hi,

My question involves single sourcing with FrameMaker and RoboHelp...

Background: I currently use FrameMaker 7 and RoboHelp 5 to generate documentation. I currently do NOT use single sourcing; I know little about it.

1. What are the advantages & disadvantages of single sourcing?

2. What software would I need to do single sourcing? I assume I can't use Frame 7 and Robo 5... Would I need the Adobe Technical Communication Suite?

Thanks for any comments you can provide!

Keith

NOTICE:
This e-mail is intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential or otherwise exempt from disclosure. If the reader of this e-mail is not the intended recipient or the employee or agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please immediately notify us by replying to the original message at the listed email address. Thank You.

http://www.doctohelp.com