Help with Word Index Markers Displaying

Subject: Help with Word Index Markers Displaying
From: Roberta Hennessey <rahennessey -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: tech writer tech writer <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2011 13:20:21 -0400

I have an issue in Word I am trying to resolve.

In Word 2007, I am using hidden text to hide pictures (we produce 2 versions
of one document; one with images, one without images).
When I pdf the Word doc, I use the "print hidden text" so that the generated
pdf contains the images.

With this latest version I have included an index. The index markers also
automatically generate hidden text. The issue is that when I hide the
hidden text in the Word doc, but then set Acrobat to print the hidden
markers, the images display (What I want) but so do the index markers.

I know I can do a work around (saving different versions of the same doc)
but I'd like to be able to resolve it by altering the index fields
somehow so that it is either not hidden or so it does not print. (Some
automatic setting)

I went into Insert > Quick Parts > Field > Index and can see where I can
edit the formatting and see this "hide until used" option but I can't see
where to shut it off.

*Indent: Left: 0", Hanging: 0.14", Space Before: 0 pt, After: 0 pt,
Style: Automatically update, Hide until used, Locked, Priority: 100, Based*
*on: Normal, Following style: Normal*

Any suggestions on how to resolve this issue easily and quickly?

Thank you.

Bobbi

--
Roberta Hennessey