Re: how useful are video tutorials/screencasts?

Subject: Re: how useful are video tutorials/screencasts?
From: "Weissman, Jessica" <WeissmanJ -at- abacustech -dot- com>
To: Gregory P Sweet <gps03 -at- health -dot- state -dot- ny -dot- us>
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2011 17:35:24 -0400

I am a former e-learning type myself, having spent ten years at the start of my career working as a developer on the PLATO system, one of the ancestors of today's elearning systems AND of the Internet. After that I did a lot of other e-learning material for all kinds of clients....a total of maybe 150 hours of highly interactive stuff.

I eventually quit that because blingy multimedia was replacing the kind of actual interaction that taught something. So yes, I know exactly what you are talking about and could have written essentially the same post myself. Including the development time ratios that nobody wants to believe and multilayered approach. Good to know that real CBT is being developed somewhere.

- Jessica

http://www.doctohelp.com