Re: Unadulterated Flare HTML/XML output

Subject: Re: Unadulterated Flare HTML/XML output
From: Ed Marsh <lists -at- edmarsh -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 09 Aug 2011 16:01:18 -0400

I've not worked in Flare for a few months, but I've seen that
autonumbering issue. It relates to style mapping and how your number and
bullet styles are created.

If I remember correctly, if you set the
bullets and numbering to "outside", then Flare puts them in a table and
adds the proprietary classes. I bet you could get a more concrete answer
on forums.madcapsoftware.com, or if you have Bronze or higher support,
the techs there know what to do to remove them.

Unfortunately, I don't
think there's much you can do about the header items other than Search
and Replace.

Hope this helps.

---
-=Ed.

On Mon, 8 Aug 2011 10:40:54
-0700, Robert Lauriston wrote:

> I'm not seeing those autonum
parameters in my WebHelp output. Which
> template is your target using?
Look at the Output Type setting on the
> General tab of the target
properties. It should say WebHelp.

> You might be able to tweak the
template to replace all references to
> MadCap with your company's name,
or something generic, so the output
> is clean to start with. E.g. on
the target properties Advanced tab you
> can disable the Doctype
declaration.

> If you can't get 100% generic output, write a script
to process the
> output files. Perl, PHP, and Python are commonly used
for that sort of
> thing. The topic files are HTML, not XML, so XSLT is
irrelevant.

wrote:

>> COORDINATESbased on start and stop bp range for chromosomes

>> Table 47 Manage Targets Tab Options

> Create
and publish documentation through multiple channels with Doc-To-Help.

http://www.doctohelp.com [2]

> ---
> You are currently subscribed to

email to
> or visit
http://lists.techwr-l.com/mailman/options/techwr-l/lists%40edmarsh.com
[5]

> To subscribe, send a blank email to
>
> Send administrative questions
to admin -at- techwr-l -dot- com [7]. Visit
> http://www.techwr-l.com/ [8] for more
resources and info.

> Please move off-topic discussions to the Chat
list, at:
[9]

Links:
------
[1] mailto:lporrello -at- illumina -dot- com
[2]
http://www.doctohelp.com
[3] mailto:lists -at- edmarsh -dot- com
[4]
mailto:techwr-l-unsubscribe -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
[5]
http://lists.techwr-l.com/mailman/options/techwr-l/lists%40edmarsh.com
[6]
mailto:techwr-l-join -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
[7]
mailto:admin -at- techwr-l -dot- com
[8] http://www.techwr-l.com/
[9]