RE: screen print for Vista?

Subject: RE: screen print for Vista?
From: Fred Ridder <docudoc -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: <pgcommunication -at- gmail -dot- com>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2011 16:32:25 -0400

Paul Goble wrote:

> It looks like download.cnet.com used to be the primary place to get
> Screen Print 32. According to the discussion at
> http://forums.cnet.com/7723-6129_102-367844.html , Screen Print 32
> does not work on Vista, and the author of the software is nowhere to
> be found. But there are plenty of very good alternatives, some of
> which have been discussed here in the last few months. Irfanview
> (http://www.irfanview.com/) is my current personal favorite among
> free, Vista-compatible screen capture programs.

IrfanView is indeed a wonderful tool, and I use it at home. But please note that it is free only for non-commercial users. To quote the IrfanView EULA:

1) IrfanView is provided as freeware, but only for private, non-commercial use (that means at home).

1a) IrfanView is free for educational use (schools, universities and libraries) and for use in charity or humanitarian organisations.

1b) If you intend to use IrfanView at your place of business or for commercial purposes, please register and purchase it.
Commercial users: please contact me by E-Mail for prices, discounts and payment methods.

Irfan Skiljan has written (and continues to maintain and improve) a really nice piece of software, and he deserves to be compensated fairly under the terms of his EULA.

-Fred Ridder

http://www.doctohelp.com