screen print for Vista?

Subject: screen print for Vista?
From: Ken Poshedly <poshedly -at- bellsouth -dot- net>
To: Techwr-l <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2011 12:37:42 -0700 (PDT)

Cheers, all.

In order to even try to meet impossible deadlines imposed by my Asian company,
my coworker is now using PrintScreen 32 (or is it Screenprint 32?) to grab
cropped screenshots in the "Chinglish" pdf and word manuals supplied to us as
source material. (We don't have access to the heavy equipment that the company
makes but that's a whole different story.) These screen shots of images on the
source manual pages are then literally dropped into anchored frames in our
FrameMaker docs -- not referenced or imported, just dropped into place. We then
spend way-too-much time rewriting and reorganizing everything to come up with at
least a presentable book that so far has kept us from getting us sued.

Crappy method to be sure, but we have our orders from above. (Apparently they do
not have true technical writers in the home country, just translators who work
on "manuals" produced in Chinese and the result is what even they themselves
call Chinglish. The books are poorly written and most often inaccurate, but
quantity beats quality over there because apparently nobody sues anybody there.)

Anyway, while I'm stuck with Vista on my office desktop, my coworker has Windows
7 on his own laptop. The company won't upgrade my terminal, so I'm stuck. I'm
trying to find PrintScreen 32 (or is it Screenprint 32?) for Vista so I can
lower my standards and help my coworker but at least get the job done.

So far, no luck on locating said program on my own. Any help out there?

I've already gone to cnet.com and it's like a rats nest trying to find anything
there.

-- Ken in Atlanta

http://www.doctohelp.com