Re: got a reader or an iPad, Galaxy Tab, Playbook, TouchPad?

Subject: Re: got a reader or an iPad, Galaxy Tab, Playbook, TouchPad?
From: Becca <becca_price -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2011 09:45:34 -0700 (PDT)

I've got a Kindle 2 and a Sony 350 with a touch screen. The Sony is so I can read ePubs from the library, but in general I default to the Kindle - I find I don't like taking my hands off the sides of the Sony to swipe the screen to turn the page - far easier to just twitch my thumb to do the same thing.

Converting to ePub or mobi format is easy, and you don't need to use a service like that advertised. There are free appllications you can download (Stanza, I think for epub, and MobiPocketCreator for mobi) that work just fine, once you've got the html text.

I have a page of references and tricks for converting to epub that I got from one of my ebook lists, if anyone is interested in it.

-becca

http://www.doctohelp.com