RE: Is anyone involved in training? Ever used Moodle?

Subject: RE: Is anyone involved in training? Ever used Moodle?
From: "Sharon Burton" <sharon -at- anthrobytes -dot- com>
To: "'David Neeley'" <dbneeley -at- gmail -dot- com>, "'TECHWR-L'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2011 06:30:15 -0700

I used Moodle at UCR and liked it a lot. Our particular configuration didn't
allow for secure use of some of the features, like multiple choice testing,
so we used another totally separate product for that. But overall, I did
like it and the students seemed to like it as well. For an instructor, it's
basically intuitive after about 4 hours in it. I still use it at UCR
Extension and when I teach for STC.

UCR has since moved to Blackboard and I only rather like it. There are
features we don't have because our IT people don't have the U at the latest
rev - we're back about 3 levels of dot release. Most of those missing
features are the reasons I don't like our particular version. However, we
are working with the BB team and they are very excited to see how team
teaching works at the U level and what our use cases are. But I don't find
BB to be as intuitive.

sharon

Sharon Burton
Product Evangelist, Author-it