Re: Adobe Acrobat Reader and default mail client

Subject: Re: Adobe Acrobat Reader and default mail client
From: "Michael L. Wyland" <michael -at- sumptionandwyland -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2011 17:09:05 -0500

To all:

Thanks to Paul Hanson and Fred Ridder for responding so quickly and so helpfully.

The following answer did the trick:

http://getsatisfaction.com/mozilla_messaging/topics/adobe_acrobat_wont_let_me_attach_files_to_emails
"I found a way to make this work. It boils down to setting Thunderbird as default in a very specific way - even if you think it already is the default, it will only work in this way. I'm using Windows 7 Profssional and Acrobat Pro 9.0.

Here' how: Start > Default Programs > Set program access and computer defaults > Custom (expand this) > Choose a default e-mail program

Then, click on 'Thunderbird'. - 'Use my current email program' won't do it, even if Thunderbird is already your default.

I can now email my pdf documents from Acrobat."

If you're using Acrobat Pro 9.0, this may also be helpful:

In Acrobat 9, you go to Edit>Preferences, then choose the Internet category. When the Internet Properties dialog opens, you go to the Programs tab, where you can set 5 different default programs for different tasks.

Thanks again!

Michael L. Wyland
Sumption & Wyland
818 South Hawthorne Avenue
Sioux Falls, SD 57104-4537
(605) 336-0244
(605) 336-0275 (FAX)
(888) 4-SUMPTION (toll-free)
michael -at- sumptionandwyland -dot- com

Since 1990
Strategic Planning * Executive Coaching * Training & Facilitation

-- NEW Web site: http://www.sumptionandwyland.com
-- LinkedIn Profile -- http://www.linkedin.com/in/michaelwyland

http://www.doctohelp.com