RE: Having a peculiar problem with Word - please advise

Subject: RE: Having a peculiar problem with Word - please advise
From: Beverly Robinson <beverly_robinson -at- datacard -dot- com>
To: "techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2010 08:12:29 -0600

Keith,

Have you tried copying everything in the file *except* the last paragraph symbol in the document and pasting the content into a new Word document? That sometimes "uncorrupts" a document.

Beverly

Message: 2
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2010 14:59:16 -0800 (PST)
From: Keith Hood <klhra -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com

I'm using Word 2010 and 2007, and in both I'm having a problem with disappearing spaces in several files. Each time I save and close one of the files, the next time I open that file, spaces that should separate words have vanished, so I wind up with dozens of places where words have run together. So every time I open a file, I have to comb it to see if there are lost spaces. I'm trying to do a freelance editing job and this is eating my lunch on time loss.

As far as I can tell there is no pattern to this problem.? It's not always in the same places.?

Anyone know anything about this?? I'm working on files that were originally sent me by a client in Australia. But I opened the original files and saved them locally several times, and for spell checking I have the language on my installation of Word set to Australian English, so there shouldn't be any language mismatches or hidden special characters (I assume). And this just started yesterday. Before yesterday, I worked on these files for more than a week without noticing any such problem.

Anyone have any ideas how to solve this? I'm at my wit's end. I'm have to keep checking the files again and again for the exact same problem each time I open them and it's taking way too long.

Thanks in advance.? Happy New Year.NOTICE ? This message and any attachment(s) are for authorized use by the intended recipient(s) only and may contain privileged or confidential information. Unless you are an intended recipient, you may not use, copy, retain, or disclose to anyone any information contained in this message and any attachment(s). If you are not an intended recipient of this message, please immediately contact the sender and delete this message and any attachment(s).

http://www.doctohelp.com