Re: Fwd: Need help from an Excel guru

Subject: Re: Fwd: Need help from an Excel guru
From: Lauren <lauren -at- writeco -dot- net>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2010 16:48:40 -0800

It seems like your formula still requires a manual process for getting
the value to fill down. When the formula is copied and pasted, it will
reference parallel cells, rather than the cell with data. So the
reference column will require the valid data, which still requires a
fill down of the correct data, which is the manual process that I think
John is trying to avoid.

What I think needs to occur, is that the extraction tool will need to
reference the page url and fill it in for each link url. I do not think
that Excel is the best place to complete this part of the task.

John, what is the extraction tool? Does it have any options for
controlling how it builds the data dump?

Lauren

http://www.doctohelp.com