RE: Two Professional Questions

Subject: RE: Two Professional Questions
From: "Pinkham, Jim" <Jim -dot- Pinkham -at- voith -dot- com>
To: "Roberta Hennessey" <rahennessey -at- gmail -dot- com>, "Gene Kim-Eng" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2010 13:49:23 -0500

Hi, Bobbi,

I'll join Chris in tackling the Word resources part of the question. As
he said, the Windows Secrets Lounge is an excellent resource. In fact,
the Windows Secrets Newsletter is, as the name suggests, a trove of
great resources for all things Windows. I would also suggest Dian
Chapman's Word Doc Design group for help on some of the nuts-and-bolts
advanced aspects of Word. She has a Word VBA group, too. Traffic has
dwindled a bit in recent months, but there's good stuff in the archives.
look at Jack Lyon's web site and newsletter, The Editorium
(http://www.editorium.com/). Jack has developed some excellent tools and
insights to coax more utility out of Word. You might, for instance,
appreciate the post titled "Setting Up Microsoft Word for Use in
Publishing" and the macro that comes with it. Specific to your TOC
question, take a look at:
http://www.google.com/#sclient=psy&hl=en&q=Table+of+contents+site%3Aedit
orium.com&aq=f&aqi=g4g-o1&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=&pbx=1&fp=8d9c50a61d5b9175.
(Interestingly, that search also turns up Jack's rather appreciative
review of MadCap Blaze -- but that's a tangent for another day).

HTH,
Jim