AW: Flare questions

Subject: AW: Flare questions
From: "Christine Leisgen" <Christine -dot- Leisgen -at- gmgcolor -dot- com>
To: Jefe de redacciÃn <editorialstandards -at- gmail -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2010 11:14:49 +0200

The main advantages of Capture for me:

* Using variables (I use them to "fake" drop-down list items on screenshots for multiple targets; this was the main reason for me to switch to Capture) [only with Flare]
* Translation cycle, especially when using callouts (you can replace the localized screenshot with a single command, without altering the callouts or other stuff added to the screenshot)
* The ability to position both the Capture frame and the software screen in parallel until I have the perfect position of the screenshot (in Snagit, you cannot move the screen anymore after you started the capturing)
* Single-sourcing print and online outputs with different resolutions (before switching I kept separate print and online files) [only with Flare]
* The screenshots / callouts are kept in an editable format and Flare automatically generates the desired output format at build time (I don't need to keep a separate source document in an editable format anymore. This is especially good when updating screenshots.)

(btw, I am now using PNGs => smaller file size and better quality as for example, GIFs)

Christine

Gain access to everything you need to create and publish information
through multiple channels. Your choice of authoring (and import)
formats with virtually any output. Try Doc-To-Help free for 30-days.
http://www.doctohelp.com/

LavaCon 2010 in San Diego Sept 29 - Oct 2 is now open for registration.
Use referral code TECHWR-L for $50 off conference tuition!
See program at: http://lavacon.org/