RE: automating PDF settings for Word-sourced docs ?

Subject: RE: automating PDF settings for Word-sourced docs ?
From: "Mike Starr" <mike -at- writestarr -dot- com>
To: "Al Geist" <al -dot- geist -at- geistassociates -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2010 14:24:49 -0500

I think there's some confusion here. I believe what Monique is asking
about is the *software* page numbering, not the page numbering that
displays on the printed PDF pages.

In Acrobat 8, choose the *View>>Navigation Panels>>Pages* menu item to see
the page thumbnails. Then click the *Options* drop-down list box on the
thumbnails pane and choose *Number Pages*. This allows you to synchronize
the way Acrobat numbers the pages in the page navigation toolbar so that
if you're in the front matter, not only will the printed document show
i-iv (for example) but that's the way they'll be numbered in the
navigation as well.

It would be nice to have that happen automatically when creating a new PDF
with PDFMaker.

On Tue, July 27, 2010 1:46 pm, Al Geist wrote:
> Hi Monique,
>
> I no longer have 2003/2007 on my systems, and Word 2010 won't create PDFs
> using any flavor of Acrobat (something I discovered AFTER I converted to
> Word 2010). I'm using Acrobat 8 Standard and won't upgrade until they
> prove
> Acrobat 10,000 works with Word 2010.

<snip>

Gain access to everything you need to create and publish information
through multiple channels. Your choice of authoring (and import)
formats with virtually any output. Try Doc-To-Help free for 30-days.
http://www.doctohelp.com/

LavaCon 2010 in San Diego Sept 29&#8211;Oct 2 is now open for registration.
Use referral code TECHWR-L for $50 off conference tuition!
See program at: http://lavacon.org/