Re: Resolved: Technical communicators can create information

Subject: Re: Resolved: Technical communicators can create information
From: John Posada <jposada99 -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: Milan Davidović <milan -dot- lists -at- gmail -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2010 14:48:36 -0400

> Do you disagree on the basis of:
> - Having created information yourself?
> - Knowing of another technical communicator having done so?
> - Inferring from other evidence that technical communicators can do so?
>
> I would think that if you and this reader can agree on what it means
> to "create information" and you can then point to a case of a
> technical communicator having done so, the matter ends right there,
> no?

Sure...I did so today.

My company deployed a new web tool.. There was no instruction on how
the telephone agents were to use it. Through trial and error and
investigation, I created an internal knowledge base article for the
500 agents on how, when, and under what circumstances they were to use
it.

Prior to that, they didn't know what to do with the tool. Now they do.
To me, that was information that they needed that they didn't have
before.

Am I missing something?

--
John Posada
Senior Technical Writer

Gain access to everything you need to create and publish documentation,
manuals, and other information through multiple channels. Choose
authoring (and import) as well as virtually any output you may need.
http://www.doctohelp.com/