Re: Resolved: Technical communicators can create information

Subject: Re: Resolved: Technical communicators can create information
From: John Posada <jposada99 -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: Keith Hood <klhra -at- yahoo -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2010 09:48:41 -0400

On Sun, Jun 13, 2010 at 6:15 PM, Keith Hood <klhra -at- yahoo -dot- com> wrote:

> And as for me not defining what I mean by creating information, neither has
> anyone else. I don't think there is a coherent definition. You might as
> well try to specify how wide yellow is.

I did in one of my previous responses to this. No coherent drefinition?
You're saying that there is no definition of the term "information"?

But I'm not asking you to specify how wide information is...just the
definition. I can define yellow.

> When I write something, I am creating a document but I am not creating the
> information in it. That is something I discover and codify. I figure I
> "create" information about as much as an archeologist creates dinosaur
> bones.

You aren't creating the bones...but...you are using the bones, along with
other elements, to create information about what they were, what they did,
where they lived, etc. That's not information?

--
John Posada
Senior Technical Writer

Gain access to everything you need to create and publish documentation,
manuals, and other information through multiple channels. Choose
authoring (and import) as well as virtually any output you may need.
http://www.doctohelp.com/