RE: Can anyone recommend a book?

Subject: RE: Can anyone recommend a book?
From: "Combs, Richard" <richard -dot- combs -at- Polycom -dot- com>
To: Sarah Stegall <sstegall -at- bivio -dot- net>, "techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2010 14:33:27 -0700

Sarah Stegall wrote:

> I'm looking for a good book on computer terms and uage. Emphasis on the
> usage. I would prefer one that wasn't produced by Microsoft, Cisco, or
> some other proprietary entity. I would appreciate some suggestions.
> Thanks.

As a reference, I've found the Free Online Dictionary of Computing helpful.

http://foldoc.org/contents.html

Richard G. Combs
Senior Technical Writer
Polycom, Inc.
richardDOTcombs AT polycomDOTcom
303-223-5111
------
rgcombs AT gmailDOTcom
303-903-6372
------

Gain access to everything you need to create and publish documentation,
manuals, and other information through multiple channels. Choose
authoring (and import) as well as virtually any output you may need.
http://www.doctohelp.com/

- Use this space to communicate with TECHWR-L readers -
- Contact admin -at- techwr-l -dot- com for more information -