Adobe AIR or other help format

Subject: Adobe AIR or other help format
From: Heather Duggan <hdugganster -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Wed, 26 May 2010 13:23:18 -0700

We're in the midst of reevaluating tools and output formats. Currently we
use RoboHelp 7 and output to chm files and PDFs.

Our constraints are:

* Help has to be locally available. Many of our users are in secure labs
without internet access.
* Help should be context sensitive.
* In addition to the local help file, we'd like to output to PDF and
possibly also to the web (for users with internet access.)

We don't have any specific beef with chm files, but were wondering if
anything better has been developed in the last 15 years :)

The Adobe AIR format appears to be local and context-sensitive, but I know
almost nothing about it. Is it an orphan format? Or something new that's
worth trying? Does anyone have experience with it?

Thanks for your help,

Heather

Gain access to everything you need to create and publish documentation,
manuals, and other information through multiple channels. Choose
authoring (and import) as well as virtually any output you may need.
http://www.doctohelp.com/

- Use this space to communicate with TECHWR-L readers -
- Contact admin -at- techwr-l -dot- com for more information -