RE: TW Wages vs. numbers of TWs; WAS: Fantastic reference tool

Subject: RE: TW Wages vs. numbers of TWs; WAS: Fantastic reference tool
From: "Dan Goldstein" <DGoldstein -at- riverainmedical -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 18 May 2010 11:43:11 -0400

The relevant components of the inflation rate depend on who you are
(fixed mortgage rates vs. housing costs, driving time to work vs. fuel
costs, etc.). I suppose that increases in food costs are relevant to us
all!...

But given that the graph shows the tech boom crash as a steep drop, from
which the numbers have more than recovered -- yeah, I'll take that.

Wanna know who really suffered in the crash? Type in "computer
programmer" instead. You'll see less impressive gains in wages, and
terrible, uncorrected losses in sheer numbers. Compared with the
programmers, we got off easy.

This message contains confidential information intended only for the use of the addressee(s). If you are not the addressee, or the person responsible for delivering it to the addressee, you are hereby notified that reading, disseminating, distributing, copying, electronic storing or the taking of any action in reliance on the contents of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message by mistake, please notify us, by replying to the sender, and delete the original message immediately thereafter. Thank you.

Gain access to everything you need to create and publish documentation,
manuals, and other information through multiple channels. Choose
authoring (and import) as well as virtually any output you may need.
http://www.doctohelp.com/

- Use this space to communicate with TECHWR-L readers -
- Contact admin -at- techwr-l -dot- com for more information -