Re: Style guide recommendations for trademark placement

Subject: Re: Style guide recommendations for trademark placement
From: Kat Nagel <lists -at- masterworkconsulting -dot- com>
To: Nancy Allison <maker -at- verizon -dot- net>
Date: Thu, 13 May 2010 17:35:27 -0400

On 2010-05-12 5:07 PM, Nancy Allison wrote:
> Hi, all. I need some examples of style guide recommendations for the placement of trademarks.
>
> While I know individual legal departments may have different requirements, all I'm looking for right now are common examples of existing standards.
>
> CMOS doesn't cover it, nor does MS Manual of Style, nor does IBM's Style Guide for Technical Publications.
>
> Can anyone recommend commonly available style guides that cover this topic?

Mostly, that has always been specified in my clients' corporate style
guides. The only general listing I can find is section 19.14 in an
oldold edition of Scientific Style and Format. It says that for trade
names of pharmaceuticals, the appropriate symbol should be used in
article titles, abstracts, and methods sections. Note that this may no
longer be recommended in the current edition, /Scientific Style and
Format: The CSE Manual for Authors, Editors, and Publishers/, 7th
edition (2006).

--
Kat Nagel
Owner, MasterWork Consulting

- Use this space to communicate with TECHWR-L readers -
- Contact admin -at- techwr-l -dot- com for more information -