UI description standards

Subject: UI description standards
From: p -dot- vuncanon -at- att -dot- net
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2010 19:07:29 +0000

Currently going through the debate of eliminating screen shots vs. keeping screen shots as part of a technical publications standard. There's some strong opinions on both sides of the issue.

However, my question is not specifically about the eliminate vs. keep screen shots issue.

Should the decision be to eliminate screen shots from the documentation, I'd like to ask folks if they know of (or can point me to) a set of standards that describe how one should document UI elements in the most foolproof and readily understandable fashion possible.

Thanks.

- Use this space to communicate with TECHWR-L readers -
- Contact admin -at- techwr-l -dot- com for more information -