Re: How do hiring companies view TW resumes?

Subject: Re: How do hiring companies view TW resumes?
From: Keith Hood <klhra -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: Jon Leer <jleer -at- leertech -dot- net>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>, Ken Poshedly <poshedly -at- bellsouth -dot- net>
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2010 14:18:29 -0700 (PDT)

This has been interesting. I've never before thought of technical writing in conjunction with something as big as a house. All of my experience has been with things on a much smaller scale.

I probably should have made the connection, since I used to work on tanks and I remember the maintenance manuals we had then. Army manuals definitely supported the view that line drawings were better than photographs for maintenance procedures. When a manual did include a photo, the reproduction was almost always of such horribly low quality you really couldn't tell what you were looking at.