Re: Vendor tricks (was Which would you prefer and why? (Help Tool))

Subject: Re: Vendor tricks (was Which would you prefer and why? (Help Tool))
From: Mike Stockman <mstockman -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2010 09:21:31 -0400

On Thu, Apr 1, 2010 at 9:05 AM, Chris Despopoulos <
despopoulos_chriss -at- yahoo -dot- com> wrote:

Actually, I found the pricing rather quickly. I agree -- I don't usually do
> business with vendors who can't state the pricing up front. But I think you
> make a false accusation in this case.

It's all about communicating the information to the audience in a way the
audience needs. I went to the product page looking for three things: what
does it do, how does it work, and what's the pricing? I found two out of
three, and after hunting, was unable to find the third. You found it with
less hunting, but that doesn't change the fact that some users (one, anyway)
found the site less-than-usable for pricing information.

Maybe my original whine *was* off a bit... I assumed the vendors were hiding
information on purpose because it's so pervasive. So I could be wrong; maybe
it's just poor design.

Thanks,
Mike

--