RE: OFT: But close to Re: Another warning label for the recordbooks...

Subject: RE: OFT: But close to Re: Another warning label for the recordbooks...
From: "McLauchlan, Kevin" <Kevin -dot- McLauchlan -at- safenet-inc -dot- com>
To: Ed <hamonwry12 -at- hotmail -dot- com>, "'Combs, Richard'" <richard -dot- combs -at- Polycom -dot- com>, 'Heather Anderson' <Heather -dot- Anderson -at- cubrc -dot- org>, 'TECHWR-L' <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 14:20:52 -0400

I wonder.

Some of those warnings are obviously stupid, much as
many of the cholesterol-free stuff used to be. Gotta
love your cholesterol-free tomato puree and your
cholesterol-free hummus.

But I think some of the others that initially LOOK
silly might be telling us just how widespread is
the use of wheat in places you'd never expect (or
want) to see it. A case in point would be that
"gluten-free ham". Maybe some ham producers are
using some fraction of wheat as a filler/plumper.

Strangely, while I'm not celiac, I get whole-body
inflammation from eating wheat. Basically shows up
as sore joints and muscles. If I switch to spelt
(a wheat ancestor that behaves very much like wheat
in baking), the reaction drops to about ten percent.
If I switch to other gluten-containing, but non-wheat
grains, I have no problem... go figure.

-l.com [mailto:techwr-l-bounces+kevin.mclauchlan=safenet-> inc -dot- com -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com] On Behalf Of Ed

or disclosing it.

http://www.ModernAnalyst.com